Soccer News NetBig Apple SoccerLA Soccer NewsChicagoland Soccer NewsDallas Soccer NewsPhilly Soccer NewsNew England Soccer NewsPhilly Soccer News HomeD.C. Soccer NewsSunshine Soccer News
Ocean City Nor Easters


June 30, 2014
Nor'Easters win one, lose one

OCEAN CITY, NJ – It was a tale of two very different games for the Ocean Nor’easters over the weekend. On Saturday, the Mid-Atlantic Division-leading Jersey Express took a 4-1 win, while one Sunday, the Nor'Easters beat F.A. Euro 3-1.

On Saturday, Jersey took the a 14th minute lead when Jersey Express midfielder Nick Viaggio slotted a deflected corner kick into the back of the Ocean City net.

In the 34th minute, Nor’easter keeper Borja Angoitia made an incredible save, parlaying a point-blank header off of the goal line as he fell backwards into the goal.

Ocean City were able to equalize in the 38th minute as Leon Brown, sprinted past a gaping hole created by the central defenders, and cut around a sprawling Matt Turner to place the ball in the back of the open net.

Jersey Express scored two goals in a three minute span starting in the 63rd minute with a strong individual effort from second-half sub Ansger Otto that allowed the Express to re-take the lead. In the 66th minute, off of yet another corner kick, Sylvian N’Guessan headed home the cross whipped in by Conor Fitzpatrick to make it 3-1.

he Nor’easters final scoring chance of the game arrived in the 83rd minute on a penalty kick taken by Frank Tweneboa. His first attempt clanged off the post, but the referee deemed that Express defender Clint Caso entered the box too early, giving Tweneboa another go. Turner guessed correctly on the second attempt to make the save.

Jersey Express tallied a fourth goal off the boot of Joseph Ovensari in the 88th minute.

Ocean City rebounded from Saturday’s tough loss in a big way on Sunday night, beating FA Euro 3-1.

Besides two dangerous scoring chances, one in the first half and one in the second, FA Euro never threatened to convert small stints of solid possession into threatening shots. Their first-half opportunity came in the 35th minute when a stinging Euro shot was saved by Borja Angoitia but knocked back into the box. A Nor’easters miss-clearance ricocheted the ball off of the Ocean City post before it was finally cleared out of danger by Billy McConnell.

The Nor’easters capitalized on several first-half scoring opportunities in the 39th minute. Frank Tweneboa placed a perfectly timed ball at the feet of a surging Michele Patia who took a touch and buried Ocean City’s first goal of the night into the back of the FA Euro net. One minute before halftime, it Tweneboa assisted on another Nor’easters goal, this time crushing a set piece with pace into the Euro box that was headed home by Billy McConnell to give Ocean City a 2-0 lead.

Just three minutes into the second half, Zoncher Dennis capitalized on a long through-ball between the central defenders from Javoni Simms, and put the Nor’easters up 3-0.

A 68th minute press from FA Euro lead to Jhamie Hyde committing a foul in the box. Euro defender Jonah Williams took and converted the penalty, putting the visitors on the board.

Ocean City’s next match is this Saturday, July 5th at 7pm at Carey Stadium against NJ Luso Parma.

Contact Us | Help | Advertising Information | Terms of Use |Privacy Policy | Site Map
Sports Vue Interactive
© 2015 Sports Vue Interactive, LLC All Rights Reserved